Monday, July 5, 2010

Brand New Day

I spent the weekend studying for tests and on the beach. Not a terrible weekend by any account. I am glad that today is a brand new day, though. Over the weekend I had time to think about what I would do if my family cannot join me here. I have thought about what our life would look like with me here and them there. My daughter's birthday is coming up and my heart breaks to know that I will not be there to celebrate with her. My challenge is doing the "hard thing" for the right reasons.

But my devotion today gives me hope for a brand new day. Island life is great! The beauty and splendor are undeniable. The culuture that iminates from city is a direct reflection of God's creativity. Marvelous! When I see how the people have made accomodations for what they lack in money, I am humbled at the lifesyle that I have lived but often mocked. I want my family to experience the peacefulness that the island offers.

My eyes are opened and my ears are ready to see and hear the new thing that God is doing.

Isaiah 43:19.
"See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland. "

No comments:

Post a Comment