Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas!!

Oh my goodness!! I am so excited for Christmas that I am not even able to concentrate on my final exams that are coming up in a week!! So I go home on the 15th and I get to go to my daughters field trip, and her birthday party, and then the museum!! I am so excited for all of that.

I have new furniture in my grandad's house where I will be camping out for while. Ill post pictures later, and possibly start another blog chronicling my diy home decorating skills.

I love interior design! I have a passion for putting together a beautiful home from unexpected but glamorous finds. I am not sure what I should call it, so all suggestions are welcome.

So some things that I am thinking about doing for christmas, I have to keep some of them secret b/c my sister might read my blog and that would ruin her christmas. I will make a mental note and an Evernote to add to my list after Christmas.

wishing-spool-christmas-craft-photo-420-FF1200ORNAMA04.jpg


I can't figure out how to paste the picture with the link, so this will have to do. It is a santa scroll wish list that hangs on your tree ! Cute ornament! I am planning to have my children each make one with their own wishlists on it with the date! What a cute thing.

Another neat idea I have for making ornaments is taking leaves and just spraying adhesive on them and the sprinkling them with sparkling glitter. I want the golden brown hues to show through with a little sparkle. Ill post a picture when I get them done.

I am also going to spray paint some branches gold to add to my tree.

We are going to hang gold stars made from cereal boxes. . . wait before your mind says tacky check them out here.

Finally a few of these porcupine balls will round out my homemade tree decorations. I plan to make everything in gold, and I have gold ribbon to put on my tree, and I will use gold music ornaments and then I am not sure, maybe red again.

I have plans to do a wilderness/ homey rustic theme on my mantle, and in my fireplace if I get the time.

I can't wait to tell you what I am making for my sister for christmas!!

I think now that I have shared all of this with you maybe I can study for one more or two more hours.

Blessings,
Amy Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment